Wednesday 12 December 2012

The End of November and the start of the Christmas Period

 Come the end of November I had recovered (more or less) from the diabolical month that followed the US election. With a loss of over a third of my account balance I was going to very much ease back into trading. I returned with just single unit positions taking tiny profits when they were available. Anything from 0.10c to a few dollars. I have gradually built back up my trading confidence and am back in the game.

 I had, over the tough last month deposited more money into the account to prevent it from bottoming out - this was effectively the amount that I ended up losing meaning that when I began properly trading again It was as if I had not lost anything - of course that doesn't count as profit and does effect the final value of how much trading success I have had.

 I also did some maths for my account a couple of weeks ago. Despite my losses I make successful and profitable trades 94% of the time. In my first month I was 257% profitable although while my average profit was 3 USD, my average loss was 9 USD. That was my most dissappointing stat but I think that will have changed recently as over the last few weeks I have had a high volume of small trades with I think one out of every fifty or sixty being a loss. Rollover fees not included as trades.


 My aim by Christmas is to have increased my account balance by a significant margin of profit going from 200 USD at the end of September to over 1700 USD (2000 USD including the money I had put in and not taken out afterwards) by 25/12/12.
 If I can accomplish this then I will be very impressed with myself and will put more money into the account to boost it's potential for higher profits in the future. To turn 200 USD into 2000 USD (with 500 USD total deposit) is my anyone's standards a good job and definitely beats having the money sit in a bank gathering 0.5% interest per YEAR - this account shows (going from 200 to 1700 true balance) a 750% profit.

 If some of this doesn't make sense or you are interested in knowing more then feel free to comment, message me, DM me on Twitter or tweet directly at me - I will do my best to reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment