Thursday 10 January 2013

Quick cover of TopTradr, Friday expectations and my strategy

 I wrote about the TopTradr competition a while back and just realised that I never explained what the outcome was. In the end we finished around 84th place or so because we did not trade in the last two weeks of the competition - I was paying all my time and attention to my proper trading account as we came into December and things were recovering from the aftermath of the US Election. At one point near the start we reached 6th place which was very impressive but after a while of hanging around 10th we eventually fell way down! It was unfortunate that I was not able to put more time into it and that we fell so far back at the end but at the time my real money was far more important! It was very fun competing and I am looking forward to the next competition of a similar strain.

 I like the current patterns coming out in the graphs for GBPUSD as it seems to be moving a relatively predictable cent up, then a cent down within the next two days. I am looking to see a repeat of the start of this week tomorrow (Friday) and to see the price come from 1.615 ish down back towards 1.60. I like making predictions but I do hope that if anyone reads them thinking they sound promising they realise that they really are amateur predictions and are highly likely to be wrong! They may come true over the course of a week or so but I am sure that many do not want to wait that long. When someone predicts something you want it to happen immediately really don't you.

 Other than this there isn't much to say at the moment about my trading though I am meaning to look at the records from the first time I past 500 USD to see how my new strategy compares dollar-to-days worth. Was it better to make hundreds of small trades that each profited quickly or is it better to make a few choice trades that make substantial amounts more (in comparison). I will crunch the numbers and get back to you!

 I know it wasn't a very exciting section but I hope you enjoyed reading and keep you eyes peeled for the next installment. Thanks very much and feel free to contact me Twitter @fxamateurtrader or fxamateurtraderuk@hotmail.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment