Tuesday 15 January 2013

Followers, Fluctuations and Finances.

 I would like to say that I am astonished at the support I get from other Twitter users in my trading quite notably from @SteveMarshall13 a trader much like myself who is on a learning curve towards being a pro trader, along with a couple of others @SP_FX13, @TheForexTradeRoom1 and @TheFXWhisper. All of whom have supported me by discussing things like trends, indicators and what we hope to gain from our trading along with a few retweets which I am very grateful for (and will try to do more often for you lot too! I tend to like things in my head and forget to let anyone know). Having raced through the 600 followers mark and made good headway to 650 over the weekend I am really excited about the support that you all give me and the confidence that instills in me for my trading.

 Fluctuations - I just wanted to talk about market movement and make the title alliterate. Anyway I like the motions of the market at the moment, over the last week or two as well. While they have not been uber predictable, GBPUSD seems to be trading within certain limits that are not being shaken as there is no big economic news out. No deficit ceiling for a couple months, the fiscal cliff is past us and trading isn't being disrupted every two days by Christmas (despite it being a welcome break). Saying this, I am hoping that my words aren't going to come back and bite me by having the market hit 1.59 or 1.63 in the next week - I highly highly doubt it will; I have my sights set on just below 1.60 by the end of this week. The limits that I see as being support and resistance are 1.60115 (there abouts) and 1.617 (ish). While it is staying in these ranges I am not worried about opening positions and am able to do so with some confidence that if I open a long at 1.603, it isn't going to just keep going down but instead I can be relatively sure the market will go up within a day or so of opening the position. I hope everyone else is having a similar experience and finding the predictability of the market relatively easy.

Finally, I just wanted to update you as to my progress this year. As you may have read from past instalments in this blog, I began trading after Christmas with a balance of 512 USD. I am very pleased to say that I have been making good progress with my new trading strategy, taking longer in my trades and putting in more thought. I have re-reached (as in reached for the second time) 800 USD. Very pleased with this and as I tweeted the other day I banked 355 pips profit - I was very happy about that!


 This is an unofficial last point as it doesn't alliterate with the title: predictions. I want to see the market pushing the 1.60 boundary at the end of this week and will be retisent to open any long positions that are of any substantial value. I am counting much more on shorts than longs for profit. Of course my opinions and predictions seem to change every day with constant news of economies and data being released etc... A nightmare if you are trying to take my predictions into account along with your own but I can tweet my MOST confident trade opinions if that would be better for everyone.

 Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed it! Tweet @fxamateurtrader and I will reply as soon as I can and welcome any support etc or guidlines that you wish to offer me. Alternatively DM me or e-mail me at fxamateurtraderuk@hotmail.co.uk
Good luck with all your trading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment